Friday, February 15, 2008

the Spoken word

I just have one thing to say.

My dad said I looked "beautiful" tonight. Which has never EVER happened before in my life from him.

I know you're wondering...and I just had on blue jeans, a black top, black shoes and hair and makeup that had suffered through a hard day (and been quickly touched up). I have not lost weight. My face did not get lifted and re-done. My ass is still huge. In other words, nothing has changed from all the times he's told me how terrible I looked.

Anyway...it completely baffled me and I thought I had to write it down before I totally discounted the whole thing.

I should probably also say that I treated him to a big dinner and vino...so he could have just been appreciative.

Nonetheless, i am completely at a loss. But, sorta in a good way. For a change.

No comments: