Being a true romantic...I have to say something about today. I'm not going to go into all the gory history. But, I want to share my secret wishes for Valentine's day here because it's my space and I can do what I want with it!
1. I wish for mysterious flowers in various places for me and for everyone I know.
2. I wish for a little chocolate here and there.
3. I wish for hearts to become unburdened, love to be revealed.
4. I wish for hearts to be mended, love to restitch hearts.
5. I wish that my friend Nora has a fabulous dinner with her husband tonight. She deserves a sweet break.
6. I wish that another friend gets flowers from someone he wouldn't expect (because that person hates flowers).
7. I wish that folks would look more fondly on one another, seeing fragile hearts rather than reptilian skin.
8. I wish that Dan the winemaker does something crazy, like try to polka with all of us or some of us. It's just so gay, and he's lovely at it.
9. I wish that everyone in my life can feel for just a moment how much I love them.
10. I wish that cupid would get off his lazy a$$ and start looking for me and that other guy he's supposed to shoot some arrows for. (Sorry Cupid, but I've got a birthday in 14 days!)
I hope (very much) that love finds all of us today. (and tomorrow too!)