I'm having a pretty bad day today, so I go around reading about all these people who call themselves fabulous and I wonder how in the hell do they get to that place? Is it the "say it over and over again until it becomes your truth" method? I'm working with that, but I gotta say that I get to a nice plateau and then somebody slaps me upside the head and I become just a bit frustrated again. It's a mindset...I know, and I have to work at it. But, do all those other people get it naturally? Because that's just not fair.
Ten Reasons Why I am unable to be Fabulous today:
1. Dog - Crate (Again)
2. Too windy to ride bike.
3. Decided to make myself run, but walkman (yes, I am old school) refused to play through and kept skipping, so that I was so angry I threw it into the woods and then spent 10 minutes trying to find it again.
4. Helped other people with projects at work today and GOT NONE OF MY OWN WORK DONE!
5. I've spent SOOOOOOO many hours listening to my friend go on about his relationship, but will he go ahead and get the scoop on mechanic boy for me...NOOOOOOOO, no time for it. Sometimes friends SUCK.
6. They canceled my new favorite show, October Road.
7. It's cold...not breezy, not spring cool but it's supposed to be in the 30's tonight.
8. I cannot afford to be a world traveller, unless I join the carnival - which as everyone says, is a gritty bad idea.
9. The yellow cat is crazed today and attacks ALL of us as soon as we step out the door. I guess it's the wind, or he's lost the few marbles he was in possession of.
10. No matter how much I tell myself it's true, I don't think I can ever be as fabulous as everyone else. And that's so unfair.
I promised myself as I ran down the dirt road that I would not write until I came into a better state of mind. But, to be honest, my mood has improved dramatically in the past hour. Yeah, really.